Let me introduce to you a vegan alternative to meat dumplings! When preparing this recipe, all animals remained alive.
Despite the fact that dumplings are without meat they are tasty and satisfying.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- Green lentils – 150 g
- Green onions – 1 bundle
- Spelled flour – 2 glasses of 250 ml
- Water – 1/2 glass
- Olive oil – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
Vegan dumplings: step-by-step recipe with photo
1. Sink the lentils for 12 hours.
2. Next, wash the lentils in water and grind them in a blender. You can add a little water to the blender to help it grind. Then this water will evaporate from the mince.
3. Wash and chop the green onions. You can also use white onion.
4. Next, we fry the minced lentils in olive oil. Gradually the excess moisture will come out, and the “minced” will start to fry. Occasionally stirring. When the “minced” is almost ready, add green onion, salt, and pepper to taste.
5. At the end grate the garlic and send it to the mince. A couple of minutes and it’s done!
6. Knead the dough with spelled flour, water, and salt. Adjust the amount of water yourself. Roll out the dough, smearing the surface with olive oil, so it will be more flexible. Use a glass or a round mold to cut out circles in the dough.
7. Place the filling in the center of the circle, about half a teaspoon. Fold a circle of dough in half, and pinch it. Connect the two remaining ends together – that’s how you make a dumpling!
8. Next, put vegan dumplings in boiling water. To make the dumplings tastier, you can add spices to taste. Brew for a few minutes, stirring gently. To prevent the dumplings from sticking to the plate, grease the surface with olive oil!