Is matcha green tea good for weight loss? The nutritionist Cynthia Pascale working with Charlize Theron and Sandra Bullock recommends using matcha green tea instead of a breakfast and an afternoon snack. It is the most tasty way to burn fat. The calorie for activity is enough, but consider: more than a 1 month you should not miss breakfast, otherwise the metabolism will slow down, and you will cease to lose weight.
Bonus: the matcha tea contains chlorophyll, which is a powerful antioxidant! So, It ‘s also anti-aging therapy.
How matcha green tea helps to weight loss?
With the help of matcha it is possible to control weight, but it is not worth hoping for it as a magic drink for weight loss. This tea reduces appetite and in this way helps to eat less food. However, it will work only if you follow the correct nutrition, do not exceed the recommended calorie rate, are engaged in sports.
Matcha tea helps to lose weight due to the content of substances that accelerate metabolism and cellulose, which affects the metabolism and normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
When is the best time to drink matcha green tea for weight loss?
During the usual nutrition, tea is consumed 1-2 times a day. The best time is 30-45 minutes after meals. But it should be remembered that tea has tonic properties, so in the evening it is better to refrain from it.
How to make matcha tea?
Traditional matcha tea brewing recipe:
- 2 g matcha tea (1.5 – 2 teaspoons)
- 70 ml water (temperature should be about 70-80 degrees, after boiling let cool 5 minutes at room temperature).
Mix the powder with water, increasing the pace from slow to very fast. Foam has to be formed. After the tea is properly brewed, there should be no powder left at the bottom of the cup, maybe only a little foam… Try to drink a drink quite quickly so that the foam does not fall.
Recipe of matcha tea with almond milk and honey:
- 1 teaspoon of matcha tea
- 1 cup of warm water (70/80 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon honey or syrup (optional)
- 3/4 cup almond or soy milk.
Put the powder in a tall glass and pour water. Then heat the milk (so that it is hot, but not boiling), add in a glass of tea. Add syrup or honey there, mix all.
According to this recipe, it is possible to prepare green matcha tea in a shaker. It will be a beautiful foam drink.
How to choose the best matcha tea?
- The color should be bright green, not dark green.
- It ‘s worth choosing organic tea.
- Matcha tea should not be too cheap. Very often ground sencha leaves can be found on sale, instead of a real matcha.
- Give preference to tea produced in Japan, no China. The Japanese matcha is considered the best in quality and is grown in more favorable conditions.
We wish you to be slim and healthy!