I want to share a cool version of crispy, useful snacks – carrot chips. It’s a good alternative to potato chips. And to reduce their caloric value, we’ll make chips in the oven. For cooking baked carrot chips is best not too juicy varieties of carrots, choose those that are intended for storage.
Chips will have a more expressed taste if you add aromatic herbs and spices.
Prepare the following ingredients:
- 1 big carrot;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- 0.25 teaspoon of dried basil;
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper;
- 0.25 teaspoon of dried rosemary;
- sea salt – to taste.
How to make carrot chips?
Step 1. Clean and wash the carrot. Prepare the necessary herbs, spices and salt.
Step 2. Cut the carrot into thin circles. For slicing, it is better to use a thin and sharp knife or a special slicer, which is easier to prepare thin slices.
Step 3. Put carrot circles in the bowl, salt, pepper, add dry herbs and spices and mix thoroughly so that each slice is well soaked. If the liquid is formed at the bottom of the bowl remove it.
Step 4. Place a parchment on the baking tray and put out carrot circles. Keep some distance between them so that they dry out evenly.
Cook the carrot chips in the oven at a temperature not exceeding 100 °C (210 °F), about 1.5 – 2 hours. The ready-made snacks must be completely dry and crispy.
1. Carrots from last year’s harvest are perfect for making crispy chips as they are drier and do not require long drying in the oven.
2. In addition to the oven, a microwave can also be used for making these snacks.
3. To change the taste of carrot chips, you can use the following ingredients:
– spicy red pepper;
– dried oregano;
Nutritional value (per 100 g of product):
- proteins 1 g.
- fats 12 g.
- carbohydrates 8 g.
- caloric value 140 kcal.
Video recipe of carrot chips in the oven:
Try these baked carrot chips. You’ll love it!
By the way, you can experiment in the same way with chips from other vegetables.