Today we will cook delicious pancakes without milk, sugar and eggs, based on oatmeal flour. A delicious breakfast can be safely included in a vegetarian diet! In this article, I will share two recipes of oatmeal pancakes to choose from. Both are very easy to cook.
- Oatmeal flakes – 130 g
- Almond or other vegetable milk – 180 ml
- Apple vinegar – 1 tbsp.
- Baking powder – 10 g
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Honey / maple or date syrup / sweetener to taste – 2 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract ((optional)) – 1 tsp.
- Coconut frying oil.
1. Mix almond milk and apple vinegar in a small bowl.
2. In a bowl, combine ground oatmeal flakes, baking powder and salt.
3. To the dry mix add liquid ingredients: olive oil, sweetener (you can use any natural liquid sweetener to your liking), vanilla extract and milk-vinegar mixture.
4. Mix everything until homogeneous (do not beat the dough too long to preserve the airy texture. At this stage, you may need to add a little more almond milk (another 1-2 tbsp).
5. Fry pancakes in a frying pan lightly greased with coconut oil, at an average power of 1 minute on each side.
From this amount of ingredients, you will get 8-10 pancakes.
Recipe 2. Banana-oatmeal pancakes vegan
- Oatmeal flakes – 100 g
- Raisins – 50 g
- 1 ripe banana
- Olive oil -1 tbsp + for frying
- Baking powder – 0,5 of tbsp
- Oat flour – 3 tbsp.
- Salt – 1 pinch.
1. Pour quick-cooked oatmeal in boiling water and insist 15-20 minutes. Wash and soak the raisins for 15 minutes.
2. Drain the excess liquid from the oatmeal. Add a banana cut into circles. Mix until homogeneous with a blender.
3. Add a tablespoon of olive oil.
4 Mix oatmeal flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt separately. For the flavor, you can add a pinch of vanilla.
5. Add flour with baking powder to the banana-oatmeal mixture. It is better to add not all at once, but parts, so that the dough does not get too thick.
6. Add the raisins to the dough and mix thoroughly.
It is not necessary to add sugar according to the recipe, because the pancakes themselves turn out to be moderately sweet.
7. Add olive oil to the frying pan. Heat it up. Form the pancakes with a spoon and fry on both sides until golden.
Serve the pancakes hot. You can supplement them with berries or syrup.
Try these vegan oatmeal pancakes. I’m sure you’ll like them!